30% off 7'2'' Wood
Available to demo
FREE Mystic board bag
Bringing modern planing hull designs into SUP, the Starboard Hypernut also adds the inverted 'nut' rail outline to give a tight turning, manouverable, stable and fast SUP with the abilty to carry a huge amount of speed on the wave...it makes mushy, smaller surf super fun!
The modern planing hull represents a cutting edge change in the approach to high performance board design. The shape, base contours and rail outline are the key to this highly innovative board.
Parallel rails create a wide nose and tail which allow the board to be ridden shorter and narrower allowing you to drop down in size and completely dominate the board.
Nut outline reduces drag, thus increasing dynamic planing lift yielding more speed via less water resistance and the unique nose shape reduces swing weight while still providing stability allowing tight and powerful turns.
The nose features a concave to reduce the rate of pearling by creating aerodynamic lift. As the rider gains speed they will notice the nose channelling air under the board, lifting the nose upward.
The channelled tail helps to maximise speed and control through sharp directional changes and adds grip, drive and stability.
The rider will experience total freedom and planing speed right from the get go.
It's super manouverable, stable, naturally fast with very efficient planing and wave catching ability!
7'2"X28" HYPER NUT
7'4"X30" HYPER NUT
- Ultimate performance for knee high river waves to double
overhead surf for riders up to 85kg.
- Accelerate through fat parts of the wave with seamless
rail-to-rail transitions to project up at the lip with speed.
- Tighter and faster turning with unparalleled comfort as it’s such
an easy board to use.
- Available in Blue Carbon (6.72kg) and Wood Technologies (7.8kg).
Bottom shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
- Stable for riders up to 90kg with acceleration and ability to
turn on the spot and project effortlessly and easily in any direction.
- Thickness is relatively low which keeps you close to the waterline,
aiding balance and sensitivity.
- Wide nose and tail make it possible to drop down in board size without losing balance.
- Available in Blue Carbon (6.93kg) and Wood (7.8kg)
7'8"X30" HYPER NUT
- The 7’8” is suited to riders of up to 95kg who want stability and
glide with exceptional drive, acceleration and reactivity.
- Its lively performance from its short length makes it a highly
popular size that can be thrown into most conditions.
- High maneuverability matched with comfortable stability.
- Available in Blue Carbon (6.93kg) and Wood (8.00kg)
Durable, tough and light
- The Advanced Sandwich Technology has a 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin, creating a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- 300 grams uni-directional glass stringers are laminated flat on the deck and wrapped on fore rails in front of the standing area to support integrity while in surf conditions.
- 15 kg/m3 fused precision-molded cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm biaxial Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin. This creates a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Glass rail reinforcements for extra stiffness against snapping when nose diving.
- Starboard pioneered molded wood technology in 1994
- A full deck, bottom and rail wrap of high density PVC foam makes the board stronger for impact and increases overall hull strength.
- The ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional Carbon ﬁbers with optimized angles wrap the entire board, introducing flex and reflex patterns in paddle boarding.
- The sensational light weight increases carving ability and acceleration.