Kite Landboarding lessons
Course duration - 4 hours
Cost – £89
Kite landboarding or kite mountain boarding brings together the excitement of flying a kite with the thrill of riding a board; taking aspects from kitesurfing, snowboarding and skateboarding, it can be performed either on a sandy beach or inland in a field or park. This sport has a very quick progression curve and you will be surprised how far you are riding along the beach by the end of this land boarding course.
This kite landboard course takes you right from the beginning, first with a short theory session in our centre’s classroom which will cover wind and weather, site assessment, equipment, safety, the wind window and riding directions.
- Power kite set up and tuning
- Kite flying including safety
- Steering and kite control within the ‘wind window’
- Kite power control
- Introduction to more powerful kites for smooth pull on the landboard.
- Introducing the board and kite together
- Controlled stop
- Producing continuous power from the kite to keep the board speeding along the beach!
As you start to develop your skills and are now riding up and down the beach confidently we will then introduce edging the landboard, travelling back upwind, turning and even a slalom course!
There are rules of the road to allow riders to pass each other safely without becoming tangled up which we briefly cover.
- Bring a study pair of shoes, sunglasses, sun cream and warm clothing if it is cold.
All equipment is included